Language:

 

A.E. Arbuzov Institute of Organic and Physical Chemistry

Kazan Scientific Centre Russian Academy of Sciences

Laboratory of oil chemistry and geochemistry

The research in the field of oil chemistry was started by the initiative of Academician A.E. Arbuzov in 1946. In 1957 the Laboratory of Oil Chemistry was founded, which was in turn headed by E.A. Robinson, R.A. Virobyants, G.P. Kurbskii. Since 1981 the head of the Laboratory is Doctor of Chemistry, Professor, and the Corresponding Member of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Tatarstan Gennady V. Romanov.

 

Gennady V. Romanov
Email: V-ing@mail.ru
 

Main research activity

• The profound study of chemical composition, physical-and-chemical properties and geochemistry of poor-recoverable oils and natural bitumen.
• Creation of new effective methodology of typification of oils of the developed fields by their chemical composition, complex of physical-andchemical characteristics, obtained by means of calorimetry, thermal analysis, IR- and ESR spectroscopy methods, and properties, determining the oil mobility in the layer.
• Geochemical and field investigations of the process of formation and reformation of large-scale oil fields in Tatarstan.
• Improvement of methods of bed stimulation and the development of untraditional directions of natural bitumen extraction from subsurface.
• Development of theoretical backgrounds of disperse structure of oil systems.
• Synthesis of new functionally substituted ammonium compounds, regulating the formation, destruction and sedimentation of oil disperse systems.
• Ecological problems of oil production.