Language:

 

A.E. Arbuzov Institute of Organic and Physical Chemistry

Kazan Scientific Centre Russian Academy of Sciences

The International Arbuzov Award in the field of organophosphorous chemistry

July 11, 1997, on the eve of the 120th anniversary of academician Alexander Е. Arbuzov, outstanding chemist, the Creator of a new branch of chemistry - chemistry of organophosphorus compounds, President of Tatarstan Mintimer Shaimiev signed a Decree on the establishment of the International Arbuzov Award in the field of organophosphorus chemistry.

The Memorial Museum of Academicians Alexander and Boris Arbuzovs

The wooden private residence and adjoining garden were built in the early 20th century. The residence is situated in the old center of Kazan.
The founder of chemistry of organophosphorus compounds Alexander E. Arbuzov (1877-1968) lived here from 1916 to 1968. The family of his senior son well known chemist Boris A. Arbuzov (1903-1991) also lived here until 1955.
Uniqueness of the museum is that the interiors of all rooms are kept untouched from Arbuzovs time.
The furniture, library, the pictures painted by A.E.Arbuzov, snapshots, manuscripts of scientific papers and lectures, correspondence of the scientists with relatives, colleagues etc., vividly represent the time in which Arbuzovs family lived, and help to imagine the remarkable people in their domestic atmosphere.
For viewing three memorial rooms (a drawing room, a dining room, a bedroom), a verandah and decorative little garden are intended. There are also another two rooms in which additional expositions are placed. One of these expositions is devoted to Alexander Arbuzov and another – to Boris Arbuzov.
Funds of the museum include more than 20 thousand genuine exhibits. The museum's exhibits are connected with Alexander Arbuzov and his children (Boris, Yurij and Irina), with the well known architect K.L.Mjufke (the brother-in-law of Alexander Arbuzov), and with other relatives and pupils of the famous family.
Arbuzovs’ human qualities, their habits, literary and musical interests and their hobbies attract special interest of visitors.
The museum was opened for visitors in 1971.

 

Contacts

Katanovskii lane, 8, 420012, Kazan, Russia
Subway station: Tukai square

Tel. +7(843)236-55-22
Е-mail: arbuzmus@yandex.ru